In the Soriana region the Almarza, the beautiful town of Castilfrio is located, a municipality of just 40 inhabitants that preserves one of the most harmonious urban ensembles of architecture that was carried out by the rich cattlemen of the Mesta with large stately mansions emblazoned mostly. Our property was the family home of the illustrious Bishop Solano, born in the town in 1724 and appointed Bishop of Cuenca by Pope Pius VI.
It is a large square-plan building with its annexes, all surrounded by a great stone wall that gives way to the exterior space conditioned as a garden to which the house and the old stables and manger open. The complex is built of ashlar and masonry stone and despite the reforms undertaken, it still retains its solid structure and elements from the construction period. On the first floor of the main facade is the coat of arms of the Solano family.
The main house has 548 m² distributed over two floors plus the undercover. The ground floor houses a hall, a large living room with a wooden coffered ceiling, a kitchen with a pantry and a wine cellar, a utility room and a bathroom. On the first floor there are 6 spacious bedrooms, a living room and two bathrooms. The sobrado is a large open space with large beams and sloping ceilings. The old stables currently house a large hall that still preserves the coffered ceiling and mangers. The house has central heating and a garage.
Castilfrio is located 26 kilometers from Soria, very close to the Port of Oncala, an obligatory passage for the Mesta herds that once traveled the Cañada Real Soriana, with natural landscapes of great beauty, oak forests and holly trees that are difficult to find elsewhere. The municipality has created the first rural solar energy community for self-consumption, offers high-speed Wi-Fi to all its neighbors, all committed to technology and social entrepreneurship with the spirit of the people.