In an area of 3755m2, next to the road, there are two large stone buildings that integrated the old factory.
Originally, the main building with a built area of 1200m2 split in 4 floors, was used as houses, storage room and offices of the factory Opposite this construction, there is the old fulling mill with two floors and 1000m2, where the wool was processed to make cloths. Below this building, there is still an abundant spring which flows into the Oja river and was used to drive the machinery of the fulling mill.
Currently, both buildings are being renovated and have a municipal project and licence for the construction of a hotel with 15 bedrooms and 6 tourist apartments.
The textile tradition in Ezcaray started in the Middle Ages, and it seems that at that time, there were already workshops where cloths were made in the lower part of some buildings. It seems that thanks to the abundant raw material from the sheep cattle in the Sierra de la Demanda, the weaving activity was fostered and was completed in the 18th century with the foundation of the Real Fabrica de Paños in Santa Barbara.
In this historical village, there were about one thousand people working in 29 textile factories. From the most important factory, the Real Fabrica de Paños from 1752, the imposing building remains, which is now council house, hostel and theatre.
Currently, Valdezcaray is one the most touristy villages in the region. With just over 2000 inhabitants and located in the Sierra de la Demanda in La Rioja, it is a privileged place, thanks to its abundant natural and cultural resources, such as the Valdezcaray skiing station, which is located 16km from the house. Santo Domingo de la Calzada is 14km away or San Millan de la Cogolla 27km away.